Sunday, September 28, 2008

Act of Kindness #2

Act of Kindness #2
A person I see, but don’t know

5 months ago, a new family moved into my neighborhood and as usual it takes time get to know them. It wasn’t long before everyone got know them and welcome them to our neighborhood. My family has already had the honor of introducing themselves to them; however I never had a chance or the courage to properly introduce myself to them. But, they know who I am and I know who they are; and even to this day that’s how we know each. My sisters are already friends with new neighbor’s daughter named Marilan. My sisters and Marilan go to the same high school and almost everyday they ride or walk together to school.

However, my family planned a two week trip to Mexico and my mother, two sisters, and two brothers all went, expect for my father and me. ToT (I had go to my classes). They leave on Thursday and in the next morning; I woke up, got ready to go to class and walked out of the door; only to see Marilan walking to school alone. She took a quick glance at me, and then continued to walk to school while using her phone. At the moment, I felt sad and terrible that she had to walk to school alone, despite the fact that she has a lot of friends at school. So, I turned on my car and offer her a ride to school.

I did this for two weeks. Even though, my classes started at 9:00 am, I woke up at 6:00 am to get ready and to offer Marilan a ride to school at 7:00 am. We barely talked to each other during the car rides. However, during those two weeks, I felt like it was my responsible to offer Marilan a ride, even though Marilan never asked for a ride to school. Even now, when my family returned from their trip, Marilan and I don’t talk or see each other very often. I hardly know anything about her, and she hardly knows anything about me. However, at less she knows that I was nice enough to offer her a ride to school for two weeks. And I can’t help but wonder if she thinks I have a crush on her after offering her a ride to school.

No comments: